Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good Subway Behavior responds to some Bad Subway Behavior

An old friend of mine works in transit in Boston. He was actually the first person to see this now-viral footage of a woman stumbling onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train. Here's what he had to say about it, with the footage below.

I'm actually the first person who saw the footage, my boss asked me to head over to the control center and see if there was anything on tape about what happened. I'm not sure what I exclaimed in the middle of the control center when I saw it, but it was enough for every subway dispatcher in the room to stand up and look at me.

3 comments:

  1. My heart is still in my throat. Oh my God, that is intense.
    Odd, though, that she just stayed down and didn't get up until after it looked like she was definitely going to live. Maybe paralyzed by fear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was very smart to lie still in the middle of the tracks. She should have actually turned over onto her stomach. There is enough clearance in the center to survive with minimal injuries.In the beginning where she was putting her leg over the tracks, it got me very nervous. What a lucky person!

    There was an incident on the R train line I believe, in Manhattan recently where a man was killed after he was pushed onto the tracks. He kept trying to climb up. :( Had he done what this woman did, he would have had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject.
    https://surveyguide.net/
    Nice blog, the article you have shared is good.This article is very useful. My friend suggest me to use this blog.
    My Survey Visit

    ReplyDelete